OUR MISSION STATEMENT
FOUNDED IN MARCH 2010
WedRepCo is a New York-based theatre company focused on delivering innovative and impactful performances to their audience. As part of their approach to live theatre, WedRepCo produces several showcases throughout the year. These showcases provide performance opportunities on a regular basis and provide positive exposure to its members by way of familiarizing the artist with other individuals in the arts community, in which they live, work and play.
Founded in 2010, WedRepCo maintains that theatre provides one of the greatest opportunities for interpersonal and communal dialogue and growth. Based on this premise we seek:
- To provide the New York community with theatre that is intellectually and emotionally rewarding and is relevant to our audience. We hold that live performances must be both vital and honest. We seek to touch our participants at the deepest level. The work we produce must be organic, visual, and must elicit a strong emotional and intellectual response from our audience.
- To expand the boundaries of theatre as an art form, and embrace the unconventional. We believe that a great company should be a champion of innovation and change. To achieve this, we continue probing for new ways of expression.
- To draw upon poetry, prose, and other forms of literature as sources for theatre. We search for material that inspires, stimulates, and affects. Telling tales in an imaginative manner is the hallmark of our methodology.
- To build and nurture a nucleus of artists who celebrate a unified artistic vision. We seek to develop a theatre company that upholds the highest level of artistic excellence, as we look to discover a common language and approach to live performance.
- To challenge our audience to become active participants in a mutual voyage of discovery.
WedRepCo's primary goal is to share with our audience our passion and love for the theatre as we confront, in today’s world, the human condition.
Thanks for joining us on our journey!